Monday, July 18, 2016

Flagstaff, Arizona

Unloaded 8-9 miles west of Flagstaff then took my required 34 hr. reset at a nearby truckstop. Rode into town during my time off....followed the railroad service road 4 miles to connect to a vehicle road.
Just cruised around some, had a great taco (strawberry/salsa??...yum!) and got a broken spoke repaired....glad I found it and got it fixed before the 100 mile race I'm entered in, the High Cascades 100, in Bend, OR.

RR service road.



Riding back to the truck came up on a bull elk near the road but he got away before I could take a picture, hid behind some trees.

Taken in a grill-your-own-steak place near the truck stop.

Nevada desert sunrise, heading north to Oregon.

This was about 3-4 hours north of Las Vegas. During the night a young guy from West Virginia who is biking from the Atlantic to the Pacific stopped in to camp. We talked a bit sharing some stories.
He has a blog, thought it was "therollingmango" but I can't find it.


2 comments: