Sunday, July 10, 2016

Kansas City, Missouri

Got the load from WI to AZ which means the plan to get to OR and do a Mtn. Bike race with my son Chris is in the works.
First stop along the 3 day drive to AZ was in Kansas City, Mo. I started out to try to get to the Missouri River, but ran into a power plant and looking at google maps, there wasn't any bike trail along it anyway. I decided to head west towards town to get to a park that looked like it might have some possibility.
Once I got 3-4 miles down the road I decided to text my nephew and his wife that live in KC to see if they were home and how far I was from them.
It turned out to only be 3.5 miles so I took off for downtown.

I was in a RR switch yard area looking downtown.


My nephew and I have done a ton of camping and canoeing together along with his brother and dad and my other sons. He told me about volunteering at a local school with an 8th grade class. They talked about careers and truck driving came up. That sparked some ideas I hope will work to share this blog. Stay tuned.

It got a bit late so Jon gave me a ride back to the truck.

Downtown. KC, MO.

No comments:

Post a Comment