Sunday, July 10, 2016

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

After leaving KC I thought about taking some time while passing through Oklahoma City to visit the bombing Memorial. My wife had visited it some years ago and said it was well worth it. I plugged the address into my GPS but there weren't any truck stops or obvious places at the number of exits near the Memorial to park the truck, so I kept on route until I came to the first truck stop and pulled in.

It was a bit out of/on the edge of town. I googled mapped the location and there was a street bike trail spur right at the truck stop that in a mile lead to a main bike trail along a river and around a reservoir.

Looked like a nice ride....with temps in the low 90's and high humidity, it looked to be a decent workout.


Was hoping for some single track but there wasn't any. Instead I traveled off path on a kind of levee trail.
The far side of the lake in the background.

Pano shot with the dam, far shore and levee trail. This was the loop. Headed off on the right went around the water and returned on the left which is the top of the dam.

On the back-side of the lake rode on dirt car trails where people drive in to fish and to get closer to the water.

On the levee between the main shore and the lake.....people standup paddling and kayaking.


Below the dam.

Almost around the end I came up to a fishing pier out in the water and started talking to a guy fishing....George. A retired Air Force guy and also a retired Pastor....when I quipped he's a Pastor out to pasture, he kinda chuckled. We talked fishing some, he was after bass and catfish. I could have talked to George a long time, but I had to get going to get the load further down the road.




No comments:

Post a Comment